We continue to offer a phlebotomy service at the practice on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. We are operating a drive through service to continue to keep both our patients and clinicians safe.
If you have been requested to make a phlebotomy appointment you will be asked to drive into our car park at The Vernon Street medical Centre where one of the clinicians will be expecting you. Please remain in your car and a clinician will come out to you to take your blood.
Other services are available in Derby:
- Royal Derby Hospital from 7.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday
- London Road Community Hospital from 7.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday
- Babington Hospital from 8.00am to 12.30pm Monday to Friday
- St Oswald’s Hospital from 8.30am to 12.30pm Tuesday and Thursday
- Old Heanor Fire Station from 7.30am to 12.30pm Monday to Friday
- Coleman Health Centre from 8.00am to 1.15pm Monday to Friday
These should be booked online using the details within this leaflet.
The on-line booking for phlebotomy clinics in former SDCCG area commenced on 2nd April.
This is preferred method of booking; as it will enable the clinics to support social distancing and manage the patient flow through the clinics.
However, if you do not have access to the internet or a family member/friend is not able to book an online appointment for you, there are a number of walk-in appointments available at some clinics.
Please only use the walk-in service if they do not have access to the internet or transport issues.
Walk in phlebotomy clinic with no appointment needed is available at the Urgent Care Clinic as follows:
- Children’s clinics held on Monday 1pm to 7pm
- Children’s clinic held on Tuesday 8am to 10.30am
- Adult clinics held from 4-6pm Wednesday to Friday
- Adult clinic held from 8am-12.30pm Saturday and Sunday