It is more important than ever that you receive your flu vaccine during the COVID19 pandemic. Contracting flu and COVID19 could be life threatening. Drop in flu clinics for 2020 will be operated differently to ensure they are COVID safe and we keep both staff and patients protected. Please read this carefully to ensure you are fully informed and we are able to deliver a COVID safe service.
The flu vaccine is currently available to everyone aged 65 and over, and to anyone under that age if they are in an “at risk” category. If you have been identified as being in one of these groups an appointment invitation letter, confirming your appointment time for the drop in clinic will be sent to you shortly.
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, we will be operating this year’s clinics differently to enable social distancing.
We have allocated drop in slots for patients, to enable social distancing and you are asked to adhere to these. Additional flu clinics will be very limited this year and you are encouraged to attend the allotted appointed clinic time confirmed on individual communications
- Do NOT attend if you have any symptoms of COVID19 – high temperature, new continuous cough, loss of taste, loss of smell
- Do NOT attend if anyone in your household is isolating for COVID19
- All individuals aged 11 years and over must attend wearing a face covering over their NOSE & MOUTH and wear it all the time whilst in the practice, unless within a government exemption category
- Arrive on-time for your appointment, stay in your car if you arrive early
- Attend unaccompanied unless you need a carer
- Wear a short sleeve top in preparation for seeing the nurse and to reduce your time in practice. Clinics will not be private and appropriate clothing will be required to enable the administration of the vaccine without undressing
- Appointment will be for flu vaccine ONLY – do not ask any other medical questions to the Receptionists, Nurses or GP
What to expect:
- All clinics will be held at The Vernon Medical Centre.
- Social distancing signs when queuing outside of the practice
- Your temperature will be taken prior to entry
- Sanitiser will be available on entry and exit from the practice
- Four clinical stations will be set up in the reception area. There will not be any private clinical stations so please wear appropriate clothing
- One way through The Vernon Medical Centre, entering through the front door and exiting from the rear door
- All clinicians and staff will be wearing appropriate PPE
- No toilet facilities will be available
Thankyou for your ongoing support and in helping to keep everyone safe
The Vernon and Lanes Team