As you are aware, we are dealing with an unprecedented demand for our services and currently we have clinical and key non-clinical staff isolating as per the advice from the Government.
To minimise your chances of being exposed to COVID-19 and reduce pressure on your local GP practice during this extremely busy time, appointments will be carried out over the phone or through the website ‘Ask a Clinician’ facility (click here) unless there is a clinical need for you to attend the practice which will be decided at during your telephone consultation. This will help to decrease risk while continuing to ensure our patients get the care and advice they need.
We are asking for your help to please minimise your contact with the Practice by using this website facility so it is more accessible to those who do not have access or cannot use the internet. Please do not come to the Practice unless instructed by a Doctor or Nurse Practitioner and only arrive at the precise time of your appointment. If a face to face appointement is required it will be held at The Vernon MEdical Centre. We are not seeing patients at The Lanes currently. Please use the rear entrance and ring the doorbell and a staff member will allow you access. Please do not come to the Practice with anyone else unless you are/they a Parent or Carer of the person attending the appointment.
Please follow the advice of the Government click here, if you are one of the groups listed on this site, you must contact your employer and discuss your circumstances/options with them. The Practice will unfortunately not be able to advise you on your employment in any way, so please do not engage the phone lines by asking for this information. This information is also available on employment advice sites such as ACAS. We will also be unable not be able to issue fit notes for COVID19 self- isolation.
REPEAT PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS
- Phone Medicines Order Line 0115 855 0260
- Monday to Friday 0800 – 1600
- Order online using SystmOne Online
- Request via our website www.vernonstreetandthelanes.co.uk
- All patients with current paper prescriptions waiting for collection from Reception will be phoned to request which pharmacy they nominate. The prescription will then be reissued electronically direct for collection from that pharmacy
- Go to your local pharmacy to nominate them as your collection point, if you have not done so already
- Please telephone 01332 332812 / 331692 / 01332 271374 to request a telephone appointment. No face to face appointments will be given by Reception. Urgent and routine health care requests will be added to a clinician’s triage list and you will receive a telephone call. Please keep your phone available. Due to the workload currently being experienced our clinicians are only able to contact you twice before assisting further patients. Should you miss the surgery call please contact the surgery again and you will be added to the traige list for further contact.
- If you have an appointment booked for a future date to see a GP / ANP / Nurse or HCA, please do not attend the Practice. You will receive a telephone call instead.
- The online booking facility has been suspended for the present time
- If you are asked to attend the surgery by a clinician all face to face consultations are being held at The Vernon Medical Centre. Pleasae use the door at the back of the Practice, ring the bell and and wait for one of the team to let you in.
- Should you develope a persistent cough or high temperature please do not attend the surgery. Contact us by phone and we will provide further advise
ASKING A CLINICIAN A QUESTION
- Please visit www.vernonstreetandthelanes.co.uk to ask a clinician a question online. We endevour to respond in 2 working days to all queries. This service should not be used for emergencies
- We will endeavour to reply within 2 working days, although this may vary according to the demands placed on this service. This is not to be used for urgent health care questions.
- Please telephone 01332 332812 / 331692 / 01332 271374 to request an appointment
- All sick notes awaiting collection will be posted to your registered address