Who is at high risk during Covid-19 outbreak?
During the Coronavirus/Covid-19 outbreak the groups of people at very high and high risk have been highlighted.
The very high risk group is made up of those:
- who are post-transplant
- with cancer having active chemo/radiotherapy.
- with haematological cancers (at any stage of treatment).
- with severe chest conditions (CF, asthmatics who require admission/oral steroids)
- with severe diseases such as those needing dialysis
The high risk group is made up of those:
- who are pregnant.
- who are over 70, regardless of any medical conditions.
- adults under 70 who qualify for a flu jab, which means:
- with long-term respiratory conditions
- with chronic heart, liver and kidney disease
- with chronic neurological conditions
- with diabetes
- after a splenectomy/sickle cell disease
- with aeakened immune system: HIV/AIDS, on steroids, having chemotherapy
- who are severely obese (BMI ≥40)